Aegean Blue Hotel / Points of Interest in Kalikratia
30 minutes from Thessaloniki center
50 minutes from Thessaloniki rail station
20 minutes from Mediterranean Cosmos shopping mall & Regency Casino
On the national road Thessaloniki-N,Moudania, with easy and quick access to the entire Halkidiki peninsula
The nearest resort of Thessaloniki, towards the road to Halkidiki is Nea Kallikrateia, which besides its beautiful and awarded with blue flag beach, also offers:
- More than 50 shopping stores
- Cosmetics shops, SPA and hairstyling shops
- 3 bank branches & postal services
- Health care center
- Air-club and small marina
- Regular transportation to Thessaloniki and the rest of Halkidiki
Halkidiki and Thessaloniki are in the same distance from Kallikratia AEGEAN BLUE HOTEL. Halkidiki as well as Thessaloniki offers a large number of sightseeing (archaelogical places, museums, churches, monasteries, natural beauty, traditional places ect.) to visit.
- Petralona's cave, where have been discovered 700.000 years old human bones .
- Apostle Pavlos church and tower in N.Fokaia.
- St. Paraskeui baths, with therapeutical waters, a modern center of treatment and relaxing.
- Mouth Athos, with his unique historical abbeys.
- Sea Festival (N. Moudania), Siviri, Sani, Kassandra, Afitos Festivals and local bazaars.
- More than 20 event nights from May to October in local places.
- Stagira with special Aristotelis park.
- Forests and long beaches full of sand, pebbles that end to pure clear and warm waters.
- Villages and small towns full of night life.
- Marines in Thessaloniki, N. Moudania, N. Skioni, Porto Karas, Ouranoupoli etc.
- St. Dimitris church, with underground catacombs and the saint's remains, the protector of this city.
- Agia Sofia's byzantine church.
- Ano poli, a traditional place with narrow streets, steep alleyways, streets and stairs, small Byzantine churches, monasteries ans countless folklore spots and traditional restaurants.
- Acropolis, with Genti Koule prison, the old city walls (aka Kastra) and Vlatadon monastery.
- The roman marketplace, Galerious arch(Kamara) and Rotonda.
- White Tower (Lefkos Pyrgos)
- Archeological museum
- Byzantine culture museum
- Folklore museum and a large number of other museums
- The beach
- Kemal Attaturk house
- Thessaloniki Zoo and Seih Sue forest
- Internation Expo HELEXPO, noumerous fairs throughout the year.
- Kapani, the central marketplace of the city.
- Aristotelou square, the heart of business, culture and trade center of the city.